Saturday, January 28, 2012

These Colors Don't Run The World

Shame of you America and your ancestors. You have pillaged and ravished many countries, and worst of all, you pushed your own language and religion as the "proper" way of life. This week in class we discussed the way that colonials who came to American would force the Native Americans to learn English and practice Christianity. This was wrong because if they didn't and choose to stick with their original life style, as they should have, they were not allowed to participate in society.

This reminds me of my own high school experience where if I was not acting a certain way people did not what me participating in their events. I attended a mostly white and Asian school. If I was ever "acting too black" it was an issue with some students. I had to make sure not to act too much like myself at first because people would see me as an outcast. Fortunately I found friends to accept me, but what about the Native Americans? They didn't have friends to help them. Neither did the Africans who were stolen from their home and taught a totally new way of life. So for this I say Shame to you America. The only way to repent is to reteach the knowledge you've stolen.

2 comments:

  1. It is a shame that the Europeans used assimilation to manipulate the Native Americans. I agree whole heartedly. I like thee direct approach to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you used your views and experiences to speak on this topic along with the summary of the topic discussed in class.

    ReplyDelete